Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is seeking a Hong Kong / Shanghai based (Senior) Account Manager to oversee the development and growth of Greater China private equity clients, and to develop and maintain effective existing relationships. The professional will have direct responsibility for GLG’s focus on Greater China client relationships, including developing deeper relationships with existing clients, understanding opportunities to increase research product coverage at existing clients, developing organized marketing activities, cross-selling solution based products, and growing GLG’s client base.
GLG (Senior) Account Manager in our client-facing offices are responsible for:
- Growing GLG existing client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across Asia. Engage deep relationships with key contact points at client firms, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Strategizing, identifying and bringing on new clients in Greater China. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Developing organized marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimizations, formal meetings and socials with clients and prospects.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Research Managers to deepen existing client relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Enhancing the GLG brand in Greater China. Developing relationships across the financial industry, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in Greater China.
Favored applicants will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 6 - 8years’ experience in Sales, finance, accounting or professional services and/or technical industries
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
- Experience interacting with senior executives
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.