GLG is seeking a candidate to join our China Product (in-depth engagement - written report) team based in Shanghai. Senior Associate－ practice work directly to support and manage research requests from our client firms based in China.
The role is primarily responsible for coordinating and executing short and mid-term custom projects and activities beyond the phone call consultations, ensure the team meets or exceeds its commercial, development, compliance and people targets, support sales expanding our presence in the region, and work with the leadership in developing and implementing business performance improvement initiatives.
GLG Senior Associate is responsible for:
- Project scoping and designs: ability to measure the resourcefulness and feasibility, and to develop proposals in appropriate formats to support sales leads and meet client research requests. Ability to build clear and concise research briefs/templates/frameworks that have a moderate level of sophistication and linking.
- Client engagement: professional, organized and confident management of client interactions and use of communication formats. Articulating GLG, GLG Product, GLG Council Members and the research in a professional and thorough manner. Can support project specialist to defend methodology and answer queries in the moment. Understand the business implications (for GLG) associated with his or her actions and to engage in activities that have a positive impact on new revenue opportunities.
- Project supervising and quality control: work closely with project specialist for day-to-day progress and quality control to ensure successful deliverables to client’s satisfaction. Proactively shed instructions and knowledge of internal/external resources to help project specialist meet research objectives and deadline.
- Independent consultant management. Robustly vetting and match-making best-fit independent consultant/ project specialist for a given study. Provides clear/concise direction; sets attainable goals and coaches along the way; ensures a strong start; Uses multiple forms of communication to connect with project specialist. Timely reviews project status and interims; thoroughly tests inputs, ensuring logic, context and specifics.
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals. Ensure best in class client service practices are upheld through close coaching and support direct reports in their professional development plans, actively manage team performance and people development.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts (including project specialists/ independent consultants, industry executives, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence research, internal studies, or other strategic/operational engagements. Interactions mainly consist of 1:1 telephone consultation with GLG experts and the secondary research, but it may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or other custom, in-depth engagements.
- Support the Sales team growing GLG client relationships in China including new clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project proposal development, project execution, post-project client feedback, and occasionally in-person client meetings in partnership with Sales.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals across Greater China, as well as recruiting new senior independent consultants, and experts GLG Councils through networking and direct outreach.
- Broad team collaboration, expected to work closely with Sales and Business Development team and other research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
An ideal candidate needs to have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree, or above
- At least 3 years' experience, ideally in consulting, private equity, market research, or other professional services specialized in DD/ IPO prospectus
- Strong understanding of DD work process and financial service client Established knowledge across industries such as FMCG, industrial & energy, healthcare, TMT, etc.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a small team (e.g. associate, analysts, freelance) for execution of research as well as quality deliverables.
- Experienced in client engagement and client services.
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.