Overview of the Role:
GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Senior Associate to join our growing Life Sciences team within the Corporate Markets segment in Mumbai. The Senior Associate position is a key role within GLG where you will be actively engaging with a defined portfolio of sophisticated Life Science clients.
The Client Solutions Senior Associate will be responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to GLG clients in the Life Science space based in India region. Your work will be incredibly impactful and will provide our clients with critical knowledge to make decisions across all phases of drug or product development from early stage pre-clinical assessment to global pricing and launch strategy.
- Developing a fundamental understanding of the respective research practice and taking accountability and responsibility for a full book of complex clients by facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members (experts) and our clients. This involves fulfilling time-sensitive requests through building and qualifying primary populations of relevant experts.
- Serving as a resource with good knowledge about the life sciences sector to help and support scoping out and pitching beyond-the-call engagements, including surveys, strategic projects, events and other in-depth engagements.
- Participating in thoughtful background research on your clients’ product portfolios to support thought partnership initiatives and proactive outreach planning.
- Demonstrating excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and account/client ownership skills.
- Delivering world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, enthusiasm, and serving as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG.
- Developing and implementing account management strategies, in close collaboration with the business unit team to grow revenue and ensure retention of existing accounts.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, flexibility, and professionalism.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities with relevant work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Up to 3-5 years’ years of experience, ideally in consulting or market research with comprehensive exposure on life sciences.
- An understanding of the drug development process and the types of key business questions that life science/pharmaceutical companies ask at each stage.
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.).
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English and willingness to conduct telephone outreach to senior experts.
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise activities effectively via excellent communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience interacting with senior executives.
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team.
*This position is for our Mumbai office. Candidates from Mumbai may apply*
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and non-profits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.