Senior Associate, Strategic Solutions EMEA - Private Equity
Experience Level: JuniorApply Now
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. We connect decision makers who want the advantage of powerful insight to people with first-hand experience, so they can act with the confidence that comes from true clarity. Our network of 700,000+ Council Members is the largest in the world, and we recruit hundreds of new experts every day. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
GLG Strategic Projects leverages the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise to deliver comprehensive answers for complex business challenges. We combine the execution rigor and problem-solving of experienced management consultants with deep insights of leading industry professionals to staff bespoke client engagement teams. These engagement teams leverage GLG capabilities and are supported by an internal GLG team for thought-partnership, quality oversight and scope management. Our unique approach provides streamlined, but customisable project support to deliver in-depth actionable insights to client questions.
We are seeking a Senior Associate to join Strategic Projects for Private Equity which is part of the wider Strategic Solutions team in EMEA. You will be supporting private equity clients across commercial due diligence, market mapping, voice-of-customer, and growth strategy engagements. We are looking for candidates with a strong fundamental consulting toolkit with an appetite to accelerate their development in business development and product management.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develops trusted client relationships with the private equity community and strategically thinks about tackling complex strategy and research efforts
- Manage projects from start to finish and ensure top quality level of service and deliverables
- Contributes to the product strategy and innovation, including cooperation with cross-functional Business Units (BU’s) within GLG (e.g. Sales, Client Solutions, Surveys)
- Support the development of project proposals and assist in the review of ongoing client deliverables
- Work closely with clients to help scope and structure their most-pressing needs
- Collaborate with Managers/Senior Managers on the team on review of PowerPoint deliverables, secondary research, market sizing models, survey questionnaires, Excel survey analysis, etc…
- Troubleshoot complex engagement structures with Finance and Legal team while adhering to contracting best practices
- Engage with independent consultants and senior executives to make sure we deploy the best resources possible for our clients
- Work with GLG Business Development and Client Solutions teams to ensure full internal collaboration on projects
- Build lasting relationships with our clients and experts
- Contribute to internal and external business development initiatives
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1-3 year's experience at a top-tier management consulting firm or Investment Bank
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Exposure to private equity transactions and/or knowledge of middle-market private equity buy-outs
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Full business proficiency in English
- Bachelors or higher degree or equivalent work experience
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus with comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage, a contributory pension plan, 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays)
- Global tuition reimbursement to support GLGers who want to continue their professional education
- A great team atmosphere with socials, off site activities and sports teams to join
- An opportunity to contribute to GLG’s Social Impact Partners Programme
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 700,000+ member-experts and over 2,000 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgement, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.