Senior Manager - Strategic Solutions, Life Sciences EMEA
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. We connect decision makers who want the advantage of powerful insight to people with first-hand experience, so they can act with the confidence that comes from true clarity. Our network of 700,000+ Council Members is the largest in the world, and we recruit hundreds of new experts every day. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
GLG Strategic Projects leverages the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise to deliver comprehensive answers for complex business challenges. We combine the execution rigor and problem-solving of top-tier management consultants with deep insights of leading industry professionals to staff bespoke client engagement teams. These engagement teams leverage GLG capabilities and are supported by an internal GLG team for thought-partnership, quality oversight and scope management. Our unique approach provides streamlined, but customisable project support to deliver in-depth actionable insights to client questions.
We are seeking a Strategic Projects Senior Manager to join Strategic Projects for Life Sciences, Corporate Markets which is part of the wider Strategic Solutions team. You will a key part in driving the business’ continued growth by working as a player/coach. This includes managing and mentoring team members, as well as leading engagements with our clients at leading Life Sciences corporations in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest and most innovative pharmaceuticals and healthcare technology companies.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Dual role supporting all aspects of client project scoping, development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e. similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Develop and grow the Strategic Projects’ business through internal cross Business Unit collaboration
- Exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations - Responsible for managing, coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- Regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organisation, and opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients in the Life Sciences sector
- The position will report to one of the Associate VPs/VPs of Strategic Projects who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. Strategic Projects is one of the fastest growing business units at GLG and creates significant opportunities for increasing responsibilities
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects business development initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP to a $50M+ business
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, preferably in the Life Sciences sector
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Demonstrated success in pitching projects and winning new business
- Natural curiosity, a can-do attitude and comfort with a matrixed organisation and ambiguity
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Full business proficiency in English
- Master’s degree, or above in Chemistry, Biology, Medicine, or other Life Sciences-related study
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus with comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage, a contributory pension plan, 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays)
- Global tuition reimbursement to support GLGers who want to continue their professional education
- A great team atmosphere with socials, off site activities and sports teams to join
- An opportunity to contribute to GLG’s Social Impact Partners Programme
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 700,000+ member-experts and over 2,000 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgement, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.