Senior Manager, Strategic Solutions Product Innovation
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG is seeking an experienced product development leader to own the build-out of new qualitative and quantitative practice areas, research methods, and products for GLG’s global business units. This person will continuously collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders to examine the profitability and efficacy of existing products, and assess the opportunity to develop new products and services. This includes engaging stakeholders from all levels of our organization to determine areas of potential growth, gauge client interest and clients’ willingness-to-pay through client discussions, then the build out of early-stage products to test and incubate ideas, and if possible manage the launch of these products.
This role sits within our Central Strategic Solutions & Operations function, servicing our businesses globally, while partnering closely with research methods and operations teams. This role will manage a small team focused on product development and innovation, but as important is the ability to partner with and manage key stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Partner closely with business units and clients to identify client-pain points and opportunities to strengthen GLG’s Quantitative and Qualitative offerings and market position.
- Examine data and KPIs to uncover areas of focus to either invest in or to improve upon.
- Lead the development of new products, standardized methods, standardized questionnaires, and deliverables.
- Create connections with new vendors and data-sources to build out new more holistic offerings.
- Train staff internally as well as our clients on our practice areas and products.
- Manage a small team focused on running pilot products and services, as well as test new products with our clients.
- Partner with marketing/brand and VoC teams to optimize our GTM approach and examine all sources of experiential data received from clients on live projects.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative or social sciences area of focus.
- At least 5 years of applicable custom market research or consulting experience is required
- Quantitative research experience is required, and Qualitative research experience is strongly preferred
- Experience building new research products, standards, and processes to be adopted company-wide is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for collaborating with stakeholders across verticals with unique requirements.
- Must be able to collaborate with clients to uncover and test key business needs.
- Management experience preferred but not required.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.