The Product team builds the platform technology that connects GLG’s clients to our experts. Our team of product software engineers and product managers are responsible for GLG’s technology initiatives and product development.
As a senior product manager you’ll develop and manage the strategy for GLG’s client-facing platform solutions. This involves partnering with internal stakeholders (including executive leadership) to develop business-centric strategies, and driving and synthesizing these into new product features and roadmaps via definition, scoping, prototyping, development, customer training/acceptance, and launch. Additionally, you’ll be communicating the product roadmap effectively to all of your relevant constituencies across the organization.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain the product vision and roadmap through close collaboration with the business
- Work closely with senior and executive managers across the organization to ensure the product vision aligns with GLG’s broader company objectives
- Use evidence-based decision-making by leveraging metrics, research, customer feedback, and usability tools
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Produce deliverables (designs, epics, etc.) based off of business stakeholder requirements, that provide engineering with a clear blueprint to develop products efficiently
- Regularly communicate (and be accountable for) performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Partner closely with your engineering team(s) to manage in-flight projects to successful outcomes
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- At least 7 years of applicable experience, and at least 3 years of hands-on product management experience
- Experience defining and visualizing new product features according to customer needs and iterating quickly based on test & learn experimentation
- Experience having ownership of complex products with large user bases is preferred
- Experience using metrics to surface investment areas for feature development, prioritization, and experience communicating this data and paths forward to senior leaders
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills, along with the ability to influence decision-making
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience gathering, analyzing and turning data into actionable insights
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Proficiency with SQL or other relational database query languages to build your own data analysis and models is strongly preferred - if not proficient in SQL, must be willing to learn it
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.