Software Data Engineer (STEM Scheme)
Experience Level: JuniorApply Now
At GLG, we aim to build a platform that matches companies around the world with the people who can help them make the right call on their most important decisions on demand.
We are looking for Research Talent, who will work alongside our Software Engineering teams, and focus on developing a deep learning/machine learning based framework to classify short to medium length research questions/project requests, and match available knowledge/expert to a business’ problem.
The research findings will extend the Chinese language NLP libraries and frameworks, and integrate NLP technology into platforms and products to empower intelligent solutions, which will eventually provide GLG's clients with significantly improved efficiency in information and knowledge acquisition.
The Problems You’ll Solve
How do you figure out what topic someone knows better than anyone else? How do you match that person to a business that has a problem they don’t fully understand? These are some of the ways our Engineers are solving these enormous problems right now:
- Search -- Working closely with our internal research team, we provide advanced search tools that let our client solutions professionals pinpoint the right people to introduce to our customers for each project. By integrating more and more data, we are constantly striving to boost recall while maintaining high numbers for accuracy and keeping an interface that is simple and intuitive.
- Artificial Intelligence -- We currently make 10% of our matches with AI and machine learning techniques and are looking to steadily increase that percentage. This is a great start, but there is huge opportunity to improve our accuracy and scale.
- The Research Talent or Engineer should develop a deep learning based knowledge classification/matching platform for short text in Chinese Language
- Conduct research towards applying existing text understanding technologies in clustering and matching
- Aim to make any theoretical breakthrough to enhance the performance/precision of the existing models
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to create a technical vision for future products
The Ideal Candidate
- Must possess a bachelor／master degree awarded by a local university or a doctoral degree from either a local university or a well-recognised non-local institution. The degree obtained should be in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics ("STEM") related discipline.
- Ideally 3+ years of experience as a Researcher and/or Engineer specializing in deep learning/machine learning, Chinese NLP or related discipline
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio
- Understanding of REST APIs and offline storage
- Experience with OneSignal, Code Push and Redux
Search/NLP specific experience is desirable
- Experience with Apache Lucene, Solr or Elasticsearch
- Solid hands-on experience with Chinese search engine tuning (schema, tokenizers, analyzers, etc)
- Experience with NLP (NER, classification, topic modeling) using open source libraries (NLTK, OpenNLP, etc)
- A good understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals
- Working experience with Java
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to thrive and in a self-directed environment
- The ability to measure your result in business results rather than lines of code
- A desire to participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle from inception to implementation and support.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.