Software Engineers at GLG build the platform that matches companies around the world with the people who can help them make the right call on their most important decisions on demand. Working on one of our self-organizing teams you’ll pair with other engineers, product managers, and users to set and achieve goals that help GLG continue to define the future of work.
We are a rapidly growing team with a lot of programmers and relatively few managers -- a trend we’re hoping to keep as we continue to expand the team. We value results and flexibility over process and dogma.
The Problems You’ll Solve
How do you figure out what topic someone knows better than anyone else? How do you match that person to a business that has a problem they don’t fully understand? These are some of the ways our Engineers are solving these enormous problems right now:
- Search -- Working closely with our internal research team, we provide advanced search tools that let our research managers pinpoint the right people to introduce to our customers for each project. By integrating more and more data, we are constantly striving to boost recall while maintaining high numbers for accuracy and keeping an interface that is simple and intuitive.
- Artificial Intelligence -- We currently make 10% of our matches with AI and machine learning techniques and are looking to steadily increase that percentage. This is a great start, but there is huge opportunity to improve our accuracy and scale.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to create a technical vision for future products.
- Mentor and pair with other developers, honing your coding, software design and leadership skillsets.
- Work remotely when you want, but also access any of our amazing offices, worldwide.
- 1-3 years of experience as a software engineer building applications and service-based systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience and ambition for writing well-documented and clean code.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio.
- Understanding of REST APIs and offline storage
- Experience with OneSignal, Code Push and Redux
- A desire to participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle from inception to implementation and support.
- The ability to thrive and in a self-directed environment.
- The ability to measure your result in business results rather than lines of code.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.