GLG’s Life Sciences Strategic Solutions business helps Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, and Diagnostic companies by providing them with the insights that they need to handle the critical strategy decisions they face. The team leverages its Survey and Projects capabilities along with the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise to deliver quantitative and qualitative insights to inform their decisions in a timely and thorough manner.
Our Life Sciences Surveys team is seeking a Survey Manager to help drive success for our Survey product and business. The Survey Manager will focus on serving our clients in the Life Sciences/Healthcare industry, by directing teams that help clients qualify and quantify industry and market trends through pipeline analyses, commercial assessments, product forecasting, and general marketplace investigation. This person will work with the team leaders to build and grow client relationships, and work with associates to deliver on client projects.
This person will report to the Senior Manager on our Life Strategic Solution’s Surveys team, and will be a key part of a rapidly growing business unit. GLG Surveys is a fast-growing custom primary market research business that leverages GLG’s network of 700k+ professionals as panelists for our research engagements. The ideal candidate should be energized by working within a high-energy, start-up environment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Project management: Serve as the point-person for Life Science clients’ Survey needs, which includes working with Survey and other cross-functional teams to ensure the highest level of service is delivered end-to-end
- Methods: Serve clients’ requests for complex Quantitative Survey Projects, including the drafting of client learning needs into thoughtful and research and questionnaire design, as well as advising the visualization of results
- Client development: Work with Solutions and Sales colleagues to identify high potential client opportunities, and develop proposals for Quantitative Survey work
- Team management: Build collaborative relationships throughout the Survey Team and GLG to strengthen the Survey product’s position
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors or higher degree
- At least 2-3 years of market research, consulting, or similar experience
- A demonstrated strong understanding of Healthcare/Life Sciences /med devices /med tech markets
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating quantitative research methodologies and capabilities to stakeholders and clients
- Strong project management capabilities are required
- Must be proficient in statistical techniques
- Understanding of programming logic and ability to test programmed links
- Previous commercial experience with marketing and sales of research products, as well as understanding of project budgeting and timelines
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work across departments that assist the team with project feasibilities, programming, reporting, and quality review
- Bring a high attention to detail to all tasks
- Ability to communicate with clients, including in challenging situations
- Experience overseeing junior members is preferred
- Must be collaborative and able to work with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.