GLG Surveys is seeking an experienced Project Team Manager to establish a research team in Mumbai/Gurugram, India, to execute surveys for India-based clients and to support our fast-growing global surveys teams located in Austin, New York, London, and Hong Kong. The manager will build and manage a small team to work with GLG’s India client base and collaborate with the GLG Surveys team to provide extended hours coverage for clients based in the US and EMEA across the professional services, financial service, and corporate sectors.
GLG Surveys is responsible for managing all aspects of survey questionnaire writing, editing, fielding, and data compilation across various industry verticals, population geographies, and client types. Major examples of projects include surveys and flash polls of GLG’s council members to supplement the qualitative insights provided through GLG’s 1-on-1 learning products.
This position requires meticulous attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a keen analytical outlook, as well as, a passion for creative problem solving, client service, and project management. In addition, it requires the ability and passion to lead and develop younger associates on your own team. Project types are variable in size, length, and complexity.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Project leadership: Serve as point-person for end-to-end survey execution for India-based clients; ensure the broader survey team’s resources are optimally utilized for the success of your project
- Project assistance with other survey teams: Work with the point-person in other teams in the US and UK to assist in end-to-end survey execution; ensure the broader survey team’s resources are optimally utilized for the success of your project
- Thought leadership: Serve clients’ requests on their complex, fast-turnaround learning needs
- Client leadership: Partner with internal teams and with clients to best understand their survey needs and our capabilities; manage expectations appropriately and suggest new panels or ways in which to reach respondents.
- People leadership: Support / lead a growing team of junior professionals in India
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with statistical knowledge
- 6-8 years of market research and survey experience, including experience with online survey platforms (Decipher and/or Qualtrics)
- Good knowledge of excel and understanding of other databases like SPSS a plus including understanding of data
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- Superior writing, logic and interaction skills; including oral and organizational skills
- Experience managing a product team or book of business a plus
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating research results to stakeholders a plus
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.