Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage an internal compliance calendar and facilitate the preparation, review, and timely filing of the Company’s income and indirect tax returns
- Coordinate timing and inputs for return filings with third party service providers
- Prepare workpapers necessary to support the preparation of domestic and international income tax filings
- Review all tax filings for accuracy and completeness
- Calculate quarterly taxable income and ensure accurate and timely filing/remittance of extension and estimate payments
- Work with Accounting to compile the necessary data requested by third party service providers to compute the research and development tax credit
- Assist with the preparation of the global tax provision under ASC 740, including the computation of book to tax differences, tracking of deferred taxes, tax account analysis and reconciliations, and state apportionment; prepare of tax-related journal entries; update various memos to support tax positions and evaluate the realizability of deferred taxes
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly transfer pricing computations
- Drive U.S. sales tax compliance, including managing existing and future sales tax registrations, and preparing monthly sales and use tax filings
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of all business-related filings, including franchise, property and commercial rent tax returns
- Manage, investigate and resolve notices from domestic and international tax authorities
- Manage and facilitate income and sales and use tax audits, including preparing responses, creating schedules, and communicating with auditors to resolve inquiries favorably
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and communicate the effects of these developments
- Assist in performing research of all income related tax issues with respect to their impact on Company operations
- Provide support for special tax related projects
An ideal candidate will have the following
- 5 - 6+ years of experience in Big 4 public accounting
- Experience with annual tax provision process
- Experience in both tax accounting and tax compliance matters
- Exposure to global transfer pricing rules and regulations
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required
- CPA required
- Strong accounting, tax research and writing skills
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Successful track record managing multiple, simultaneous complex tasks
- Must be self-driven, accountable for meeting deadlines and drive a sense of urgency when needed
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.