Vice President, Business Development - Private Equity EMEA
Experience Level: SeniorApply Now
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. We connect decision makers who want the advantage of powerful insight to people with first-hand experience, so they can act with the confidence that comes from true clarity. Our network of 700,000+ Council Members is the largest in the world, and we recruit hundreds of new experts every day. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
The Sales Vice President (VP) – Private Equity will be responsible for managing and growing business relationships with the existing client base in the UK region by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with new and existing client firms and primarily focused on driving new business with Private Equity firms in the UK.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the UK market that executes against a high-revenue growth imperative and increased profitability
- Plan for and execute against a revenue target for a portfolio of clients and prospects
- Engage key constituents at clients as a thought partner, with a heavy focus on senior-level decision makers, in order to understand these clients’ work, differentiate the company’s brand, and tailor value proposition to these critical influencers
- Coordinate closely with colleagues across company teams, particularly with stakeholders on client servicing teams
- Provide real-time analysis of account activity, usage trends, and company development of new products
- Identify, meet with, and close deals with UK PE firms
- Articulate the value of our expert network and full suite of product offerings, including in-depth projects, placements, deal advisors and custom consulting solutions to support due-diligence activities
Key performance metrics for this role include:
- Performance to closed deals and revenue target
- Personal performance to target
- Effectiveness of senior-level client engagement
- Adoption by clients of new products and systems
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 10+ years of work experience in a Business Development/Sales role in relevant industries such as financial services or working with financial services firms as clients (preferred)
- A clear track record of excellence in their career to date
- Demonstrated success selling information services and solutions to clients
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships
- Work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
- Willingness to travel and work among a global team of professionals
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Understanding of people and clear communication skills
- Resilience/strength of character: the willingness to take risks and overcome failures
- Teamwork and professionalism
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours and lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mind-set; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Bachelors degree or above or equivalent experience
- Full business proficiency in English
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus with comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage, a contributory pension plan, 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays)
- Global tuition reimbursement to support GLGers who want to continue their professional education
- A great team atmosphere with socials, off site activities and sports teams to join
- An opportunity to contribute to GLG’s Social Impact Partners Programme
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.