GLG is seeking a Finance Associate to join its operating and finance team to help sustain and accelerate significant top and bottom-line growth within our Europe (EMEA) business unit. In recent years, our EMEA business unit has delivered substantial revenue growth and is well positioned to continue this growth trajectory going forward.
This individual will be an important partner and team member to the Head of the EMEA region, regional leaders of the Business Development and Research functions, leaders of industry verticals, and the Corporate Finance team. This person will be located in our London office and will report to the Director of International Finance in New York.
At a high level, this position will provide thoughtful business stewardship, intelligence, analysis and ongoing reporting to measure business performance and assist growth acceleration strategies across the EMEA market. The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders and requires the candidate to demonstrate exceptional leadership, maturity and an ability to self-direct. Conducting sales analysis and collaborating with client-facing professionals is also a priority for this position.
We are seeking a strong self-starter with solid financial, analytical, critical thinking and problem- solving skills, outstanding communications and relationship-building capabilities, the ability to assess, prioritize and balance multiple tasks, and an overall entrepreneurial, get-things-done attitude.
· Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the key metrics, operations and current trends of each distinct business.
· Closely coordinate between senior stakeholders within EMEA, Finance, and Strategy teams on numerous joint projects / analysis.
· Assist with the development and evolution of mid- and long-range business plans.
· Build and maintain reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes utilizing operating manager inputs and internal databases, using own judgment and knowledge of historical performance / trends.
· Assist with the production of periodic reports and the creation of presentations regarding new initiatives and business performance to be viewed by senior management and the Board of Directors.
· Partner with the data analytics team to develop action-oriented business intelligence tools that inform key decisions around growth and investment within each business.
· Create and analyze sophisticated financial models - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components.
· Serve as the EMEA representative for Salesforce.com CRM system utilization to produce relevant sales reporting and forecasting results.
· Perform other ad-hoc analysis and modeling based on evolving EMEA business and regional needs.
· Develop own viewpoint on all analysis created to make clearly supported recommendations regarding expected initiative outcomes.
· Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of meaningful work experience, ideally in FP&A, investment banking, transaction advisory or other highly analytical business or finance role.
· Analytic agility and creativity, with strong technical skills and ability to develop and deliver key insights.
· Devotion to accuracy, integrity, consistency and detail.
· Elite Excel skills – ability to build efficient, scalable, and intuitive models
· Very strong leadership and communications skills (written and oral) and the ability to work with a team in pressure situations.
· Comfort collaborating with multiple stakeholders across multiple regions.
· Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
· Other qualifications
· Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
· Experience with Tableau, Access, SQL or other database applications
· Expertise with all Microsoft Office products including Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, etc.
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn through short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convening’s, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. A Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.