The Deal Specialist Lead
will identify key executives in Europe to place directly into GLG client deal teams, facilitate origination discussions, collaborate with client service & business development teams to productize & scale a solution and lead awareness across stakeholders in EMEA. As a product lead within the Private Equity coverage portfolio, they will have the opportunity to work across coverage teams and serve as a centre of excellence within the region.
The Deal Specialist Lead core responsibility set includes:
- Identify & track all relevant private equity transactions in Europe through industry news sources, GLG experts & clients. Assess priorities for GLG’s client base and lead the knowledge bank across the team.
- Map value chain of each deal and identify potential world class executive advisors. Build relationships for GLG with executives across sectors, geographies and seniorities.
- Collaborate with EMEA wide research teams to identify inbound network development opportunities.
- Utilize GLG’s growing network size to unlock unique/proprietary advisor introductions & referrals and identify suitable end clients. Build processes to deliver this consistently at scale.
- Scale distribution across GLG’s private equity clients with the aim of substantively increasing participation on transactions in the Europe PE market.
- Serve as a critical component to GLG’s project acquisition strategy enabling increased opportunities for product cross sale on GLG’s platform.
The Deal Specialist Lead offers a unique opportunity to become an expert in the dynamics of the Europe private equity markets while simultaneously building senior relationships with industry experts and private equity investors alike. Key performance metrics for the role include expanding penetration of the deal specialist product in existing clients, proactive identification and participation in transactions in Europe, as well as the ability to deploy a collaborative process alongside the private equity sales and account coverage teams. The Deal Specialist Lead will report to a senior Client service leader in London on the private equity research team. They will also be expected to work closely with other client service professionals and other regional teams.
The ideal candidate will have post graduate experience in an executive search environment, consultative sales within financial services or within the professional services segment focused on Private Equity. Candidates will need proven client facing experience, the ability to engage clients at a senior level and have a demonstrated interest in understanding private equity interests. Candidates must be comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communication, organization and client service. Successful candidates will naturally align to and demonstrate GLG’s core values of courage, integrity, curiosity and judgement.
Additional candidate qualifications include:
- 7-9 years’ experience working with (or for) private equity clients or similar investors
- PE business and sector knowledge
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports
- Understanding of business models, value chains and drivers within markets
- A track record of building client relationships at all levels
- The ability to think laterally across different PE client types and strategies
- Comfort working autonomously with frequent moments of collaboration in a fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment
- Additional language skills a strong preference
- Graduate degree would be considered an advantage
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours;
- Intellectual curiosity – committed drive for personal & professional development
- Self-starting, energetic, practical approach to problem solving & lateral thinking
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- over time.
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 650,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,800 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.