Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals by ensuring best in class client service practices are upheld to drive commercial upside and win competitive share.
- Coaching and leading their Engagement Team, supporting the team’s professional growth, and actively managing team performance and fostering GLG’s culture within the team.
- Overseeing and executing learning interactions between GLG Council Members (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients across GLG’s suite of products. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence, internal studies, or other strategic/operational research. Interactions typically consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or larger consulting engagements.
- Partnering with EMEA Private Equity Business Development to grow GLG client relationships in the region, including new clients and senior stakeholders. Leverage proactive outreach, essential project execution, post-project client feedback, and in-person client meetings.
- Developing and implementing strategy for key client accounts in close collaboration with our Leadership and Business Development teams. Track team performance to create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts through networking and direct outreach.
Our expectation in the medium term is for this successful candidate to become a top flight ETL who warrants swift on-plan promotion, have responsibility for complete ownership of top tier client service, and will materially affect business change with our clients. This role will be looked at as a GLG leader, and therefore a trusted driver of the overall EMEA Financial Services Private Equity business unit.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-7 years’ experience demonstrating best in class client service capabilities
- Business-level fluency in French and English
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Understanding of financial services clients. Interest Private Equity and in working across industries (energy, consumer, healthcare, technology, business services, real estate, etc)
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,500 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.