GLG’s Events team manage and leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Council Members – to participate in high level Roundtables, Educational Seminars and Private Visits with clients and other GLG Council Members.
We are seeking an additional team member to bolster the planning and logistics service we provide to a dynamic and forward‐thinking Research team in London. Internal restructure, and growth in our markets covering the UK, continental Europe and Middle East client bases mean the events team handle continuously moving logistics to respond to the needs of clients. We are looking for an individual who is keen to learn the ropes in all aspects of meeting planning, from internal technology to finance and from travel booking to supporting our Council Members throughout their GLG meeting experience. Candidates should expect a hard‐working but rewarding culture within the small Events Team, and the wider London business.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Organise, arrange logistics for and market the Roundtable meetings, Seminars, and Private Visits that take place with regular frequency specifically in London and occasionally within neighbouring European countries
- Monitor and report on the attendance at GLG Events. Ensure that event, client and Council Member information is appropriately managed through the GLG website and within our online meeting management system
- Manage event logistics. Liaise with internal teams, external clients, vendors and member organisations as required
- Plan travel for Industry Experts (Council Members) and manage venue bookings to host our programme of Events
- Ensure detailed tracking of budgets, expenditure, expense reimbursements and monthly reconciliations
- Proof-read all invitations and work with Marketing to ensure timely and targeted outreach
- Build relationships with fellow Event colleagues , Research and Sales teams to promote best practice, shared learning and idea generation to continually build the experience for clients
- Maintain and build the trusted relationships with Council Members
- Have the flexibility and tenacity to adapt to the developing needs of the team and GLG’s Products
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Two to four years of post-undergraduate experience in an events role
- A university degree
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated fluency in using technology tools to improve effectiveness and increase efficiency
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable proficiency in oral, written and presentation abilities in a business‐focused environment
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Interest in web‐based commerce and networking
- Experience of working with cultural, language, and time zone challenges
- Self-starter and fast learner with excellent people skills and willingness to adapt and grow with the business need
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Utilise superior analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Respond effectively to management direction and client needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 650,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,800 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.