GLG is the world’s largest membership network for one-on-one professional learning, comprising more than 600,000 thought leaders and practitioners, including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public sector leaders and the top subject matter specialists. We serve users at more than 1,400 client companies in 40 countries. These clients include Fortune 500 companies in nearly every sector and the leading professional services firms and financial institutions.
Join our Legal Economic Regulatory Affairs (LERA) team in London to help our clients decipher the impact of political, regulatory, and legal developments across industries.
This individual will be responsible for supporting GLG client relationships with investment professionals in our EMEA Financial Services business. As such, they will work closely with the local GLG team in facilitating primary research via engagements with some of the world’s leading politicians, economists, lawyers, and former government and international officials.
Associates are responsible for driving GLG’s underlying business processes, growing and developing our membership of experts through targeted outreach, solving and fulfilling timely client research requests, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between members of GLG’s council and our clients, to help our clients learn and enable them to make more informed and confident investment decisions. Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests. This requires an understanding of the issues through independent research and assembling a panel of qualified authorities to consult. GLG arranged interactions often consist of telephone consultations but also include in-person meetings both in office and on the road, trial monitoring, and in-depth research engagements, among others.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils Associates work to expand GLG’s relationships with some of the world’s leading political thinkers and legal authorities. This requires the employment of sophisticated communications to demonstrate GLG’s value proposition as a learning platform that provides benefit to all parties.
- Engaging with experts Attend roundtable events with industry thought leaders, in-house speaker events, internal training and development programs and a host of social events
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards We expect Associates to clearly articulate the compliance advantages of GLG’s platform generally, and to learn the unique compliance considerations for LERA Council Members.
- Team-wide collaboration Associates are expected to collaborate with team members across all of GLG’s offices to deliver the best client service and to work closely with our colleagues in Business Development and sector-specialized research teams to develop customized solutions.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher
- Demonstrated interest in law or politics
- Interest in global economics and financial markets
- Entrepreneurial attitude and strong work ethic
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
- Immediately available (preferred)
- 23rd July 2018
- 1st October 2018
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.