We are seeking an experienced Events Professional based in London to oversee the meeting planning and logistics function, in close collaboration with a dynamic Research team. Rapid growth in our market covering the UK, Continental Europe, the Middle East and Africa requires the Events team to handle continuously moving logistics, in response to the needs of GLG clients and speakers.
We are looking for an experienced corporate meetings professional who is committed to flawless execution, client experience, and building effective partnerships across the business. As we scale our operations, the right candidate will understand the importance of high quality events with dynamic content, and will have experience managing audience analytics, user marketing optimisation, and reporting. Collaboration with stakeholders, external vendors, clients and industry experts will be essential.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Team management: leading the events team to achieve and maintain best-in-class execution across all products in the GLG meeting category
- Stakeholder management: collaborating with sales and research leadership, as well as support functions, to scale a robust content programme in line with the commercial goals of the region
- Event logistics and product operations: liaising with internal teams, external clients, vendors, member organisations as required, maintaining commercial relationships with external suppliers. Daily, weekly and monthly operational management of the different products, including staffing against product demand
- Data analytics and reporting: analysing product usage and informing patterns and opportunities across different channels
- Speaker engagement: overseeing and optimising the experience of industry experts in their engagements across the GLG meetings portfolio
- Project management: fully owning product-specific initiatives and driving them end-to-end, including regional trainings
- Product knowledge: developing and continuously updating best-in-class “playbook” by product and informing opportunities to improve the offering from a marketing/operational standpoint
- Product development: informing opportunities to create new offerings, as well as piloting and fully rolling these out
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5 years of post-graduate experience, in a corporate conferences/events or content production capacity. Preferable industries include financial services, professional membership bodies, think-tanks, B2C or B2B conferencing, in a fast-paced tech-enabled environment
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing and growing a busy and diverse team, plus experience of decision-making and autonomy
- Outstanding communication skills, proficiency in oral, writing, editorial, and presentation abilities in a business‐focused environment
- Ability to multi‐task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Interest in web‐based commerce and networking
- Ideally have experience working globally ‐ experience with cultural, language, and time zone challenges
- Independent self-starter and fast learner with excellent people skills and willingness to adapt and grow with the demands of the business
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.