Full Job Description – Healthcare Research Associate
Research teams are the engine of GLG. Our research professionals work closely with leaders at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, professional services firms, startups, and nonprofits on the critical decisions they make every day around the world. We work in research teams across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, reports, and site tours. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
The EMEA Financial Services team, based in London, serves users at the leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Hedge funds, Private Equity funds, Mutual and Sovereign Wealth Funds.
We have 22 offices around the globe, with our Global Headquarters in New York City. Our state-of-the-art office space in London is located in One Fitzroy Place, in the heart of one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in London, Fitzrovia.
The Graduate Associate Training Programme includes consistent training sessions to teach valuable skills, develop confidence and indulge curiosity. Our fun, team-focused environment includes community outreach and volunteer programmes, various team-building activities, many fun events and celebrations.
Through the graduate associate training programme, we aim to develop you into long-term employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across the company, we look for individuals who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Healthcare Research Associate Responsibilities Include:
- Growing and developing our membership of healthcare experts through targeted outreach;
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare and investment sector, including Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Healthcare Services, Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Hospitals and Health Systems
- Efficiently researching different populations of thought leaders on an array of healthcare topics, contacting leading physicians and executives about consulting projects and developing a working relationship with these experts to build out our network
- Building the competencies to service GLG clients and understand their research needs, putting them in touch with a choice of experts to help them gain the relevant industry insights to make better informed investment decisions
- Exposure to a range of client projects, from phone interactions, roundtable events, surveys, written reports and research trips.
- Focusing on compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements; and
- Attending roundtable events with industry thought leaders, in-house speaker events, internal training programmes and a host of social events!
Throughout the training program, Associates will have the opportunity to:
- Grow in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships;
- Master communication skills required to build deep relationships with senior c-suite executives, healthcare professionals and our clients;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, account management, professional conduct, business development, communication, negotiation, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients;
- Develop relationships with clients and thought leaders to provide top-level service;
- Collaborate with internal partners to exceed client expectations;
- Mentor newer professionals.
Healthcare Research Associate Requirements:
We seek graduate applicants with a minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) Bachelors (Bsc) or Master’s (Msc) degree from top-tier universities in a life sciences subject. In addition, a postdoctoral qualification (PhD) in a medical or life sciences subject is preferred, or candidates with up to 12 months experience in a healthcare consultancy.
The following requirements will strengthen your application:
- Core interest in the healthcare sector and a desire to learn how investors make decisions in this market
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Experience or desire to work in account management, business development or relationship management;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- Fluency in one or more European language is preferred but not a requirement
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits programme and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
- GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
- GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Note: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.