The Sales Associate’s core responsibility set includes:
- Directly engage and build relationships across all seniority levels (Analyst, Portfolio Manager, Partner, CIO) in order to articulate GLG’s brand and tailor our value proposition.
- Collaborate with GLG’s EMEA-wide research teams to retain and grow existing client relationships.
- Comfortably articulate the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
- Identify growth opportunities, build & execute account plans (with Sales colleagues) and realize objectives by helping to lead & prioritize GLG’s client service teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues – sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology – to solve complex business issues and successfully bring these to market.
- Work alongside senior sales managers in negotiating enterprise level deals for existing clients and, in time, new business.
Key performance metrics for the Sales Associate are the expansion of existing client users/teams, the resulting adoption of GLG products and systems, the ability to work efficiently with GLG colleagues, and ultimately, the ability to help grow revenue within an assigned book of business. The Sales Associate will report to a senior sales manager in London on the financial services sales team. They will also be expected to work closely with other client service professionals.
Candidates for this position need to have demonstrated experience of:
- 1-2 years of sales / account management experience
- A passion for primary research and hunger to drive satisfaction for the client end user(s)
- Clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communication, organization and client service. Successful candidates will naturally align to and demonstrate GLG’s core values of courage, integrity, curiosity and judgement.
- Ability to build and execute account plans by coordinating resources across multiple client service teams. Candidates must be comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people to:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Have demonstrated an ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 650,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,800+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.