Research teams are the engine of GLG. We become the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground and technical experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, reports, and site tours. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
As part of the EMEA Corporate Research team, you will support the strategic goals of major Chemicals, Diversified Industrials, Technology, and Consumer companies based across Europe, one of the fastest growing client segments at GLG. These clients use GLG to conduct diligence and primary research around critical investment and development decisions, and include executives in business development, strategy, licensing, strategic marketing, pricing, reimbursement, R&D and brand management.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident business decisions. Research Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and other in-depth engagements.
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service.
- Learning and understanding how sophisticated corporations across industries address complex, global business challenges;
- Growing GLG client relationships through close collaboration with our Business Development team to create a strategy to grow revenue on existing accounts and find new business.
- Growing and developing our membership of experts through targeted outreach
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the additional compliance considerations for the HC segment.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- 2-3 years’ experience in client-facing or analyst role, or commensurate experience in consulting or related industry, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning and client service, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities; fluency in English required, fluency in other languages (esp. German, French, Arabic) strongly preferred
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Ability and appetite to balance big-picture thinking with a detail-oriented execution
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.