GLG Content Managers serve as internal thought leaders around GLG’s capabilities in each sector, driving innovative content and bespoke event programming for our clients and leading the growth of our Councils of key executives.
You will be the right candidate if you are passionate about Consumer, Retail and/or Automotive industries (Consumer Goods & Services) and enjoy the challenge of programming and hosting in-person and virtual content for financial services clients. GLG works with many of the world’s leading hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds so this is a unique opportunity to deliver custom insights and learning engagements to a highly sophisticated client base.
You take responsibility for the work you do and are proactive in seeking opportunities to grow.
You care about engaging in meaningful, impactful work and you hold yourself to a higher standard.
You forge meaningful relationships.
You are responsive, insightful, and are excited by the mandate to delight your clients. You approach a problem with an open mind and revel in a creative solution.
In this context, Consumer Goods & Services covers (CGS) a wide range of industries including beverages, food manufacturing, health and personal care, tobacco, retail, consumer services, leisure, hospitality, gambling, catering, luxury, discretionary and durable consumer goods, as well as automotive, including OEMs, part manufacturers and automotive services. Whilst candidates are not required to have deep experience in all these sectors, strong domain knowledge in at least some will be a definite requirement, as will the ability to quickly get up-to-speed on the other industries. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Building relationships with key thought leaders in the CGS space to develop cutting edge in-person and virtual event content, including roundtables, teleconferences, webcasts, store or facility tours, conference events, and panels.
• Programming and hosting in-person and virtual events between CGS thought leaders and GLG clients, serving as a moderator for these discussions
• Interviewing GLG council members for custom transcripts on key CGS topics for our GLG transcript library
• Contributing to the design, development, positioning and marketing of our CGS solutions/products
• Partnering with CGS-focused clients on bespoke solutions and contribute to new product innovation
• Leveraging content for prospecting new clients in partnership with sales team and spearheading existing client user engagement in partnership with client solutions team
• Building on existing industry expertise to become an internal expert on CGS across the following subsectors: beverages, food manufacturing, health and personal care, tobacco, retail, consumer services, leisure, hospitality, gambling, catering, luxury, discretionary and durable consumer goods, and automotive.
• Work as part of a collaborative team to deliver results.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
• 2-4 years relevant experience, ideally in Consumer Staples or Discretionary (or potentially Automotive) equity research; or
• 5+ years in a Consumer Goods Retail within a market research or consultancy firm
• Desire and ability to program and host in-person and virtual events on industry themes and individual company names within the CGS sector, with a focus on content relevant to clients that invest in publicly-listed companies
• Ability to identify and recruit senior CGS thought leaders into the GLG councils
• Ability to “connect the dots” between trending topics and investor priorities, build events based on these issues, and position and market these events to clients.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients.
• Successful candidate will be confident, persuasive, and able to communicate comfortably with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
• Ability to manage a large number of highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, judgment and desire to work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Strong relationship-building skills.
• Express a strong desire to work in a team.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group GLG is the world’s leading B2B platform connecting professionals with expertise. We connect thousands of clients to the largest global network of subject-matter experts across every sector. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ memberexperts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it. We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.