The Senior Research Associate will work within the Private Equity business unit, focusing on accounts located in the Nordic region (Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark). The main role of the Senior Research Associate will be to support senior colleagues with their client’s customised research projects and work directly with GLG Council Members. They will be an integral part of the team, contributing to GLG’s event product which includes Live Meetings, Webcasts, and Teleconferences, and supporting the client service team in the growth and development of the business.
The Senior Research Associate programme involves a fast-paced progression through our global market-making operation. Senior Research Associates gain exposure to a wide array of cutting-edge business topics, thought leaders, and decision-makers. The programme places an imperative on developing strong business acumen, time-management skills, and practical communication skills. Senior Research Associates make an immediate impact by liaising with key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
GLG Senior Research Associate is responsible for:
- Support the client facing team. The Senior Research Associate will provide project support to the client facing team who manage multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members and our clients, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Senior Research Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Assist in the programming of live meetings. The Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the client facing team organise and host small group conversations between GLG Council Members and GLG clients and programme private meetings for GLG Council Members at client offices.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Working towards growing GLG client relationships. The Senior Research Associate will be working towards gaining responsibility of developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily leading investment professionals across EMEA. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Team-wide collaboration.The Senior Research Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team and other research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Interest in financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree, or above
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and either Swedish or Norwegian. Fluency in an additional Nordic language (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or Finnish) is preferred but not a pre-requisite
- 2+ years of work experiences as client-facing, account management or analyst roles in relevant industries such as banking, business services, market research, consultancies and financial services, etc., plus significant ongoing curiosity about trends and personalities in the project-related sector.
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas:
- Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, product development,
- Product management.
- Ability to identify best match/solution of requests/questions and to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn through short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convening’s, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. A Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.