We are seeking candidates for a Business Development Manager on the GLG Corporate Sales team. This Business Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the sales efforts of his or her team and sourcing, establishing and building relationships with corporate executives in India- over the phone, by e-mail, and in-person. This person will be responsible for researching and identifying new client opportunities, presenting GLG’s platform to prospects and clients to increase awareness of GLG’s brand, using GLG’s CRM to track and map client accounts, and working to drive adoption and usage of GLG’s services.
Overview of the Role:
The Business Development Manager at GLG India will be deployed in support of client relationships, strategic positioning, and as a thought partner in client negotiations and executing complex projects.
For each client, GLG deploys a highly-skilled engagement team tasked with understanding their objectives, and crafting a solution in support of their investment diligence and betterment of the fund. GLG’s work enables our clients to make better decisions, to work more effectively and productively; and, to benefit from the intelligence and experience of our 500,000+ experts (The Councils).
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with senior client professionals (Principal, Partner, MD) at mid-market firms and articulate GLG’s premium brand, offering and value proposition.
- Develop and negotiate professional service retainers for existing clients across the full line of GLG’s services.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to deliver solutions to solve complex business issues.
- Build account plans, set account growth objectives, and quarterback client service teams to achieve those objectives
- Effectively communicate GLG’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture
- Enhancing the GLG brand in India. Developing relationships across the financial industry in India, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in India.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Sales, finance, accounting or professional services and/or technical industries
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- This position is for our Mumbai office. Candidates from Mumbai may apply;
- Excellent command over English language;
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player;
- Experience interacting with senior executives.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
- GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.