Overview of the Role:
Council Managers are enthusiastic professionals who develop and grow the GLG Councils at a senior level. The Council Manager role is an exciting position with opportunities to work closely with business and investment leaders that are driving industries throughout the world and develop and manage content on different industries for GLG Clients. Council Managers will work closely with client facing staff on custom client projects and strategic recruiting efforts designed to quickly put GLG Clients in touch with relevant key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
Management and mentorship of the India Councils team:
- Managing, motivating and coaching a staff of young professionals located in India. This includes handling day-to-day operations of the team, performance evaluations, professional development, monitoring and developing quality control standards and developing best practices in project execution;
- Proactively take a lead on best practices in talent acquisition; be responsible for training and development efforts, coaching, career development, succession planning and retention for the current team and new hires;
- Monitoring capacity utilization and tracking of key productivity ratios for the team;
- Spearhead the development of such individuals to become impact players for the team
Build the GLG Council and network development:
- Support the GLG India Research team with responsibility and ownership of key projects for the clients;
- Quickly and efficiently identify areas, e.g. sectors or functional verticals, and establish consulting relationships with professionals and experts best suited to participate in our highest priority client inquiries;
- Grow the GLG Councils by identifying senior experts and recruiting them on a strategic/tactical mode, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships;
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems;
- Ensure excellent project execution and adherence to GLG client service and compliance standards. This individual will be working on live projects and is expected to develop a keen sense, over time, of the ideal GLG solution s and experts appropriate for specific client requests working with GLG experts across a variety of practice areas in order to arrive at the most appropriate educational solutions to suit client projects;
- Ownership of communication campaigns and marketing efforts designed to extend the reach of the GLG Councils in the relevant sectors, in partnership with colleagues in Marketing & Events function;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations;
- Working closely with leading members of the GLG Councils and multiple internal departments to identify and drive major firm initiatives designed to grow revenue from the team and overall GLG product offerings;
- Primary ownership of the monetization of senior Council members.
- Identify, build, maintain and drive growth of populations relevant to servicing across various types of clients and where possible co-launching communications campaigns designed to extend the reach of the GLG Councils in the relevant sectors and win expert loyalty to the GLG consulting platform;
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, flexibility, and professionalism.
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 5-7 years of experience in one or multiple sectors with a focus on quality of service delivery, workflow management, clients or stakeholder management. Experience in working across industries and sectors, plus significant ongoing curiosity about trends and personalities in the different sectors;
- Strong experience in Leadership hiring in Executive search companies with team management will be preferred;
- Good understanding, awareness and interest in financial markets;
- Track record of managerial responsibilities;
- Success working in complex multi-tasking, multi-cultural environments with a great flair for working with people to drive results;
- Demonstrated excellence in an operations and project management role;
- A successful track record in contributing to the building of a business unit within a larger organization, especially in managing small-medium pools of young professionals;
- Strong and mature people management skills and experience handling exceptions and scenarios that require strong decision making skills aligning with the firm’s vision.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.