Research Analysts know how to make the right connections with the right people. They focus on identifying top professionals who can provide industry insight and knowledge to our clients, the world’s leading financial investment firms, professional services firms, and corporations, as they seek to learn more about the world around us. Analysts explain to industry professionals what it means to work with GLG and recruit them into GLG’s professional membership network, the GLG Councils. In addition, they manage the relationships with new Council Members and serve as a liaison between them and research professionals within GLG.
Research Analysts thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking between various projects. They are curious individuals who are excited about a communication-driven role. Whether it is successfully communicating GLG’s business model to a current CEO of a major company or composing a professional biography to present to a client, the Analyst role is an exciting entry-level position in a growing global firm.
As a Research Analyst
, each day presents a variety of research objectives requiring critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You will learn to master a client relationship workflow while developing business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, and communication skills. In our open and collaborative work space, you will communicate with colleagues across multiple GLG teams in a friendly, idea-sharing, and support-driven manner.
- Communicate clearly and effectively the mission and business model of GLG to industry professionals and recruit Council Members into the GLG Councils;
- Grow the GLG Councils by recruiting key opinion leaders on a strategic/tactical mode, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships;
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations;
- Understand clients research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing colleagues in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts;
- Develop a working knowledge of GLG's core industry coverage to improve project and product service quality. Develop awareness of broader industry trends/dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing;
- Work on other projects associated with building the GLG Councils.
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.);
Good command over English language;
General knowledge of European/Asian cultures, awareness of European/Asian business practices;
- 0-2 years of work experience preferably working in profiles requiring internet research;
- This position is for our Mumbai office. Candidates from Mumbai may apply.
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment;
- Passion for recruiting, sales, and/or conversation, with a successful track record in phone sales or outreach preferred;
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same;
Express a strong desire to work in a team;
Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.