Overview of the Role:
The Senior Associate will be responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to GLG clients based in India and the APAC region. Senior Associates gain a fundamental understanding of GLG’s business model and client base through close coordination with senior members of the research team while executing immediate client needs.
- Learning GLG’s underlying business processes and assisting senior team members with high-level product execution, and developing a fundamental understanding of the respective research practice;
- Fulfilling time-sensitive research requests delegated by senior team members on behalf of GLG clients by analyzing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts;
- Assisting senior team members with high-level service fulfillment by managing premium products including Market and Custom Surveys, Education Seminars, Roundtable luncheons, and Custom Research Trips;
- Develop a working knowledge of the area’s core industries to improve project and product service quality.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, flexibility, and professionalism.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities with relevant work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
*This position is for our Mumbai office. Candidates from Mumbai may apply*
- Graduate / Post Graduate with 2 to 5 years of Industry experience and / or buy-side, sell-side experience;
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.);
- General knowledge of European/Asian cultures, awareness of European/Asian business practices;
- Excellent command over English language;
- General understanding, awareness and interest in financial markets;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial/leadership skills;
- Experience interacting with senior executives;
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.