Overview of the Role:
Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is seeking a Mumbai-based Vice President, Business Development to oversee the development and growth of new India clients, and to develop and maintain effective existing relationships. The professional will have direct responsibility for GLG’s focus on India client relationships, including developing deeper relationships with existing clients, understanding opportunities to increase Research product coverage at existing clients, developing organized marketing activities and hosting GLG exclusive Events in India, and growing GLG’s client base.
This role in our client-facing offices are responsible for:
- Growing GLG existing client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across Asia. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, and telephone interactions. Vice President, Sales develop deep relationships with key contact points at client firms, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Strategizing, identifying and bringing on new clients in India. Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Hosting frequently held GLG events in India. Hosting small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Developing organized marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimizations, formal meetings and socials with clients and prospects.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Research Managers to deepen existing client relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Enhancing the GLG brand in India. Developing relationships across the financial industry in India, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in India.
Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 8-10 years’ experience in Sales, finance, accounting or professional services and/or technical industries
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- This position is for our Mumbai office. Candidates from Mumbai may apply;
- Excellent command over English language;
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player;
- Experience interacting with senior executives.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.