The GLG Law Client Solutions Associate will work directly with law firm clients and in-house counsel, serving as their specialized client service manager. Associates are responsible for helping to grow the GLG Law business, executing on client research requests, establishing and cultivating relationships with experts, and developing the practice’s content strategy. Members of the team serve as a single point of contact for partners and associates at leading law firms and legal departments throughout the United States. Associates report indirectly to the General Manager of GLG Law.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop, design and deliver nuanced expert witness and consultant recommendations and solutions for GLG’s law firm and in-house counsel clients; prepare and present detailed written summaries of the above solutions
- Source and recruit new experts for client engagements
- Conduct time-sensitive research on industries, companies, technologies, and issues to ensure excellence in client service
- Develop and maintain knowledge of legal market, as well as macro business environment, disseminating relevant content to the rest of the team as appropriate
- Track revenue, profit, and volume trends within law firm client segment
- Contribute to key strategic initiatives established by GLG leadership
Research professionals at GLG are expected to exercise excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and business ownership, and to adhere to GLG’s internal compliance policies and procedures.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail;
- Possess a strong desire to work in a team; and
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent work experience), with an undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better
- Understanding and awareness of the legal industry through educational and/or professional background (JD a plus but not required)
- Strong research skills, including the ability to quickly get up to speed on a company, issue, or technology by conducting secondary research on the internet and elsewhere
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Entrepreneurial zeal and deep desire to build a business
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.