Associate, Lean Operations
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, and professionalism.
- The overall purpose of the role is to work with the GLG top management team to identify, design, and implement revenue generation and workflow efficiency opportunities
- The role will offer exposure to a broad range of topics across business units and functional areas. The role will also provide regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization
- Will report to the Head of Lean Operations who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development
- At the same time, this role is designed to enjoy a great deal of autonomy from day one to own and drive forward projects, and as the role progresses to own delivery of larger initiatives
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
This role will offer a broad exposure to Lean Operations in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Structuring of key business issues: Work with Business Unit leaders and functional heads to develop the hypothesis and analytical frameworks to identify revenue generation and workflow efficiency opportunities
- Process modeling and waste identification: Convert verbal interviews and written documentation into single source of truth process maps which classify high-potential improvement ideas and pain points
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to convert anecdotal hunches into fact-based decision making
- Interviews and syndication: Build credibility with GLG management team and process owners to develop a deep understanding of the content and test hypotheses, implications, and proposed solutions
- Presentation: Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Implementation: Work with sales, research, product, operation, and tech teams to implement recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
This person is methodical and meticulous. He/she needs to operate with the utmost sense of ownership for the initiatives with which he/she is involved, even when not explicitly given authority over the various participants and processes (which will usually be the case). He/she also needs to be able to helicopter between big-picture, goal-level thinking and precise accountability for all devil’s in the details-related issues, as well as balance the need for process standardization with the need for agility.
Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- 1-3 years of experience within a management consultancy, operations consultancy, or similar profile; additional work experience desirable
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Strong general athlete able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Strong drive to crack the problem with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Experience of conducting high quality analysis
- Expert facility with Excel and Powerpoint; experience with additional data analysis and process modeling tools preferred
- Process reengineering or Lean Six Sigma training
- Comfort with ambiguity
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.