The overall purpose of the role is to work with the GLG’s Central Service Team on Service strategy, systems, procedures, resource allocation and special initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of GLG’s 1000+ Service professionals. This person will work closely with GLG’s senior management team on improving the perform the performance and satisfaction of GLG’s largest and most strategically important workforce.
This role will offer a broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Structuring of key business issues: Work with the Central Service Team, Business Unit Leadership and Senior Management to structure and prioritize key business issues
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to put a fact base behind the frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Implementation: Implement new frameworks, technology or even build entire new teams; working closely with our technology, HR, finance and legal teams
- Coaching: Immerse yourself and your team in what it means to be a great GLG Service professional, then provide close coaching on both new technology and existing workflow in short stints to improve performance
- Training: Partner with our Learning and Development Organization to develop training materials and programs to improve front line performance
- Presentation: Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Change management and communication: Develop high level communications plans and tactical communications appropriate to drive change in a large organization
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of experience within a top tier management consultancy, additional work experience desirable
- Experience in some of the following areas a strong plus
- Front-line performance improvement
- Operations/Service Operations
- Change management
- Lean or Six Sigma
- Technology design and implementation
- Learning and Development
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Good facility with Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of SQL or data analysis tools is a strong a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel 50%, mainly to Austin NY, but occasionally to international offices
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,500 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.