The AVP, Customer Experience and Analytics will lead a team to transform the experience of GLG’s core asset – our council members. Our clients rely on our 600,000+ member-experts to provide insights for their critical decisions. GLG is looking for an experienced professional to lead a team whose priorities are to:
- create an engaging and friction-less experience for our Council Members
- create the analytic frameworks to support decision-making across all facets of our Council Member strategy
- execute on key initiatives to move forward the Council Member strategy
The role offers exposure to a broad range of topics including operational improvement, product development, sales and marketing, and regular exposure to the GLG senior management team and broader organization. The AVP, Customer Experience and Analytics will work closely with GLG business lines, engineering, and operational functions to drive strategy and help implement change.
The AVP will report to the leader of Council Member Experience and Value Proposition, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. This opportunity offers a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forward projects.
We are looking for a leader who has had exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. While there will be a substantial analytical component to this role, the role is also very much about ‘doing’ and rapidly implementing ideas which can drive GLG forward.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Coach and develop a team: Lead, develop, and mentor a team of talented associates.
- Gather customer insight to inform solutions: Conduct primary research (in depth interviews, surveys, review of customer inquiries) to prioritize and evolve initiatives to improve the experience of our council members.
- Identify levers to improve customer satisfaction: leverage data and experience to identify levers to improve the net promoter score (NPS) of our council members and to help generate buy-in for driving initiatives
- Framework development and analytics: Develop the hypotheses and analytical frameworks to drive decision making across a broad array of issues related to our council membership. Identify and access key data sources to put a fact base behind the analytical frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Presentation preparation and development: develop written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Partner with Engineering, and other Stakeholders: Partner with engineering on development of a technology roadmap to transform the experience of our council members. Partner with stakeholders throughout the organization to collaborate on strategy and align on priorities.
- Program management: lead and coordinate multiple resources across the company to execute key strategic programs
- Drive and implement change: work with teams across the organization to implement strategic recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Exceptional people management skills, with a strong desire to coach and grow associates
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university and MBA or other advanced degree
- 3-5 years of experience within a tier 1 management consultancy
- At least 2-3 years of experience in an operating role
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Experience in conducting high quality customer research – including qualitative interviewing.
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Ability to project manage large teams and drive transformation
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Good facility with Excel and PowerPoint
About GLG/Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.