We are seeking candidates for a Business Development Associate on the GLG Life Sciences Sales team in New York. This Business Development Associate will be responsible for establishing and building relationships with life sciences executives in the U.S. and Europe over the phone, by WebEx, and in-person. This person will be responsible for regularly presenting GLG’s platform to prospects and clients to increase awareness of GLG’s brand, generate new client leads, use GLG’s CRM to track and map client accounts, and work in collaboration with field representatives across the country to drive adoption and usage of GLG’s services.
The Business Development Associate will:
- engage key constituents at clients in order to articulate GLG's brand and tailor our value proposition to those clients;
- "map" client organizations to identify potential new buyers/users of GLG's services and promoters within;
- prospect new GLG users;
- execute on account growth objectives in consultation with head of sales; and
- push out new product, service and pricing initiatives to clients and collect customer feedback on those initiatives.
Key performance metrics for this position will include corporate client revenue, new subscriber revenues, client project volume and number of active users of GLG’s services at client firms. The Business Development Associate will be responsible for establishing relationships with assigned clients. This person will report to the Senior Manager of Business Development Associates and will work closely with client service professionals and other salespeople. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our network, professional services and client-facing software systems to clients.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to 1-3 years of demonstrated success selling information services and solutions; experience selling to pharma professionals is a plus
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms;
- Proven track record of success in selling;
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated;
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues.
- Superior verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.