Business Development Manager, Professional Services Firms
GLG, founded more than fifteen years ago, has developed a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, GLG has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial and wants to help build a business with a best-in-class management team, many of whom have worked in leading management consultancies, investment banks and operating companies.
The position’s primary mission is to accelerate new sales and expand the firm’s user base within market research/marketing agencies. This person will be responsible for contract value, new logo targets, revenue, and other key performance indicators.
This candidate will also need to be comfortable and confident working with senior leaders across both the internal organization and within their clients, including selling into CEOs and founders and SVPs/CMOs of marketing agencies.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Drive Commercial Success: The successful candidate will leverage his/her own professional network and sales skills to build and sell new relationships for the firm and engage at a granular level with executives on topics of critical importance to their businesses. The candidate will meet with senior level prospects regularly to articulate the firm’s value proposition, especially with respect to applications of GLG at marketing agencies – most notably to win new business, bolster client work, and get smart in new/emerging industries/products.
- Strategic Vision and Product Expansion: Building on the successful franchise the firm has established in the Professional Services Segment, the candidate will continually enhance customer targeting, segmentation and outreach while refining the firm’s value proposition in the segment. The candidate will further develop the firm’s service offering, and explore opportunities for new product and channel development, such as executing an event strategy for marketing and prospect development or selling new Learning and Development sessions. This person will continually assess industry trends, the marketplace, competitive behaviors, customer preferences, and best marketplace practices and help leadership/GLG pivot if necessary.
- Team Building and Collaborative Learning: The candidate will engage regularly with business development and research colleagues, communicate client/prospect-specific insights across the team, and provide mentorship to teammates as they develop.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in subscription sales roles – successful hunting experience is required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Executive presence, the ability to interact with senior executives and professionals
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.