Content Marketing Editor
GLG, the world’s leading professional learning company, is seeking a storytelling-oriented marketer to join our Corporate Markets team in New York, NY as a Content Marketing Editor.
The Content Marketing Editor will create innovative content utilizing the 500,000+ GLG experts in our network to connect with our target audiences in Technology, Life Sciences, and Industrials. You’ll bring the latest trends and most interesting voices to our audiences - bringing together the power of our network with your knowledge of how to add value with content.
GLG’s Corporate Markets team is just beginning to build its industry presence and voice, and our content marketing leader will be the center of that strategy. Reporting to the General Manager and VP of Marketing, the Manager will define, communicate and execute a cohesive content roadmap and develop the calendar and infrastructure to support that effort.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Plan and manage the content calendar - both nurturing and targeted campaigns - weekly with sales leaders in 3 target areas: Technology, Life Sciences, and Industrials.
- Ensure, with demand generation team, that campaigns go out on time, have been QAed, and have reporting plans in place prior to launch.
- Write and edit content as needed to support content calendar - from interview guides to takeaway documents.
- Brainstorm and develop programming for content marketing campaigns against sales and account management goals.
- Test new formats for GLG (eg. podcasts, infographics, white papers).
Primary duties include:
- Planning and implementation of content calendar, leveraging GLG experts and industry content.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of sales, account management, and demand generation to write and edit engaging content across a variety of channels—email, social, and other platforms.
- Ensure all copy and stories meet highest standards for the GLG story (on primary research), voice, narrative, and SEO.
- Report weekly on all content programs (engagement, campaign efficacy) and recommend what to try next.
- Understand how to balance marketing and creative strategies in storytelling, creating memorable editorial and connecting with target personas.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, SEO, Email, Design, and Brand to distribute, repackage, and test content, continually innovating and optimizing our approach.
- Manage content operations, budgets, and production process with a network of experts from the GLG network.
- Ideate, plan, and execute content to support sales and/or account management initiatives.
- Use data, research, and insights (SEO, Google Analytics) to inform a content experience that’s cohesive and effective across all channels.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-8 years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years of professional writing experience. Experience working with an enterprise sales team preferred.
- Proficient in marketing automation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate; effectively working across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization.
- Experience executing content marketing campaigns, including distribution with email, LinkedIn and other social media channels.
- Experience defining reporting strategies and optimizing with business and marketing team members.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.