GLG’s Council Management team is committed to providing the best experience possible for our Council Members. A key component to this initiative is maintaining accurate, robust data to ensure we understand the unique qualifications and expertise of our Council Members. We are looking for a data quality specialist to join our team to support the ongoing maintenance and completeness of our Council Member database.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to identify and implement standard controls and processes to improve Council Member data quality
- Performing regular quality control reviews on Council Member data to assure maintenance of high-quality data; this includes, but is not limited to, auditing new CM records for accuracy and completeness
- Applying innovative and creative thinking skills when solving complex data problems / managing complex data entry cases
- Helping to define the rules around GLG’s data structure and how data from multiple sources can integrate into one common data architecture
- Developing taxonomies and organizing data in creative ways to fulfill certain needs of the business
- Providing training on data cleansing and maintenance tasks to appropriate teams
- Assisting in the development of reports that assess GLG’s data quality
- Proactively making recommendations on improvements to data quality processes and additional reporting opportunities
This individual will need to possess strong attention to detail and judgement. Working in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this person will be accountable for working with various cross-functional teams within GLG to put into place the appropriate workflows and procedures to improve data quality. We are looking for someone who will take ownership of specific data maintenance and cleansing tasks and stay engaged to ensure the quality of our Council Member data is upheld. He/she will report into the Senior Manager of Council Member Strategy & Data. This position may offer the opportunity to work remotely.
Specific requirements include:
- An undergraduate degree
- 3 to 6 years of relevant job experience, specifically a background in data operations / data quality
- Experience with data quality practices and procedures
- Ability to identify and execute on improvements to processes and workflows
- Ability to oversee initiatives when working with cross-functional teams
- Expertise in synthesizing and analyzing information
- Comfortable working with database applications, with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
- Some experience in performing SQL queries is a plus
The candidate will also need to:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.