Director of Marketing Operations
GLG, the world’s leading professional learning company, is seeking a scale-oriented marketing leader to join our Strategy team in New York, NY as a Director of Marketing Operations.
The Director of Marketing Operations will build the technology stack, processes, and reporting to support customer acquisition and retention across GLG’s business units. Reporting into the Head of User Engagement, the Director will own the architecture, development, and maintenance of the systems, data, reporting, and cross-team interaction to ensure that GLG has a best-in-class marketing foundation.
Balanced between day-to-day performance and infrastructure maintenance, this Director will be responsible for the use of our CRM, marketing automation, data enrichment vendors, and other needed systems to execute demand generation and engagement campaigns. The ideal candidate will be highly operational with deep functional experience in email/ retention marketing and have a track record of driving meaningful business impact.
- Collaborate with demand generation leaders to develop processes and technical solutions to support modern demand generation and account based marketing approaches
- Develop and monitor key sales and account management performance metrics to measure the health of the sales pipeline, enable the early identification of trends affecting the business
- Own data integrity update process, along with demand generation team members
- Lead optimization of CRM, marketing automation (Marketo), and other systems in support of business unit requirements
- Plan short-term and long-term infrastructure needs with business leaders, in conjunction with revenue projections
- Evaluate and select new vendors for required capabilities
- Consult with business units teams on campaign effectiveness and support campaign development and execution
- Triage ad hoc systems and data issues with high urgency
- 5-10 years of marketing experience, with at least 2 years of marketing operations experience
- Strong operational mind with a focus on analysis and reporting
- Excellence in Salesforce implementation and a marketing automation platform (Marketo, preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate; effectively working across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization
- Experience executing email marketing, as well as other channels, to support demand generation
- Experience developing data requirements and supplementing existing lists with strategies to drive both completeness and accuracy
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.