Director of Content Marketing
GLG, the world’s leading professional learning company, is seeking a storytelling-oriented marketer to join our Corporate Markets team in New York, NY as the Director of Content Marketing.
The Director of Content Marketing will create innovative content utilizing the 600,000+ GLG experts in our network to connect with our target audiences in Technology, Life Sciences, and Industrials verticals. You’ll bring the latest trends and most interesting voices to our audiences - bringing together the power of our network with your knowledge of how to add value with content.
GLG’s Corporate Markets team is just beginning to build its industry presence and voice, and our content marketing leader will be at the center of that strategy. Reporting to the General Manager and VP of Marketing, the Director of Content Marketing will define, communicate, and execute a cohesive content roadmap, and develop the calendar and infrastructure to support that effort.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Plan and manage the content calendar - both nurturing and targeted campaigns - weekly with sales leaders in 3 target areas: Technology, Life Sciences, and Industrials.
- Ensure, with demand generation team, that campaigns go out on time, have been QAed, and have reporting plans in place prior to launch.
- Write and edit content as needed to support the content calendar - from interview guides to takeaway documents.
- Brainstorm and develop programming for content marketing campaigns against sales and account management goals.
- Test new formats and means of distribution (eg. podcasts, infographics, white papers).
Primary duties include:
- Build an internal library where content is organized, tagged, and easily accessible for sales and marketing teams.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of sales, account management, and demand generation to write and edit engaging content across a variety of channels – email, social, and other platforms.
- Assist with the creation a detailed taxonomy of leads and contacts. These user profiles will be used to provide relevant and timely content within marketing automation campaigns.
- Ensure all deliverables meet highest standards for the GLG story (on primary research), voice, narrative, and SEO.
- Report weekly on all content programs (engagement, campaign efficacy) and recommend what to try next.
- Understand how to balance marketing and creative strategies in storytelling, creating memorable editorial and connecting with target personas.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, SEO, Email, Design, and Brand to distribute, repackage, and test content, continually innovating and optimizing our approach.
- Manage content operations, budgets, and production process with a network of experts from the GLG network.
- Ideate, plan, and execute content to support sales and/or account management initiatives.
- Use data, research, and insights (SEO, Google Analytics) to inform a content experience that’s cohesive and effective across all channels.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5-8 years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years of professional writing experience. Experience working with an enterprise sales team preferred.
- Proficient in marketing automation – Marketo preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate; effectively working across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization.
- Experience executing content marketing campaigns, including distribution with email, display, LinkedIn, and other social media channels.
- Experience defining reporting strategies and optimizing with business and marketing team members.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.