Internal Audit Director
Based in our New York Office, The Director of Internal Audit will manage as an independent appraisal function to evaluate the company’s internal control structure and other accounting, financial and operational activities. The Director of Internal Audit will formally report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and administratively to the CFO/Controller. In addition the Director will have strong indirect relationships with external auditors, IT security, the General Council and Chief Compliance Officer, among others.
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and managing a formal Internal Audit function to evaluate accounting, financial and operational activities aligning with the company’s strategic business objectives
- Managing the development and implementation of an annual risk assessment
- Developing and executing an internal annual audit program and testing plan
- Assisting management and other personnel in the design, application and assessment of internal controls to safeguard assets, ensure accuracy and completeness of financial and operations data and promote operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Developing and presenting periodic reporting for the Audit Committee, senior management and external auditors
- Managing and supporting potential internal staff and third party vendors
- Performing routine audits of vendors and other key business partners
- Evaluating submissions to the company’s whistleblower hotline for audit and control concerns
- Performing or managing ad-hoc audits, loss prevention initiatives, fraud investigations, process improvement initiatives and other projects as requested
- Maintain open, transparent and practical communication with senior management and the Audit Committee
- Identify and document best practices in controls and other areas across operating businesses.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 15+ years of experience in auditing roles (or equivalent risk function)
- 8+ years in a senior leadership/managerial capacity
- Certified as a CIA, CPA or other relevant professional designation
- Experience in leading the design/redesign/adaptation of a robust internal control environment and related audit procedures
- Experience interacting with executive-level managers, audit committees, boards of directors, external auditors and other important third parties
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Powerpoint and ability to work with various database products/services including Great Plains and Tableau
- Ability to test and evaluate large amounts of data and to compile related summaries and reports
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with a team and periodically within tight time deadlines
- A proven reputation and track record for acting with complete confidentiality and the highest integrity and professionalism
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, and appropriate domestic and international accounting and auditing processes, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent problem solving analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally, which could be up to 50% of certain months depending on the annual audit program and schedule
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.