Director of Sample & Panel Management Operations
New York, NY, United States
GLG is seeking a Director of Sample & Panel Management Operations to support and grow GLG’s Quantitative Insights business. This position will collaborate to create the newly developing Panel Management department of a growing Global Quantitative Insights (QI) Business, which includes this individual overseeing the team’s recruitment, as well as the updating and maintenance of the conversion of GLG’s Council of Professional Experts into a structured Online Quantitative Research Survey Panel.
This role will require a passion for collaborative thinking and a flexible workstyle. This involves closely collaborating with the Director and VP of QI Operations, as well as GLG’s QI Engineering Team to support growth initiatives, build and grow a panel infrastructure that drives accurate and increased feasibility, scoping and recruitment of sample targets, as well as supporting the development of cohesive, unified platform tools to support tracking of team business performance metrics to enhance and expand product offerings.
The QI Team facilitates the execution of hundreds of surveys per month, across various industry verticals, population geographies, and client types. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a passion for creative problem solving and proactive project management.
The Director of Sample & Panel Management Operations will report to the VP of QI Operations, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Sample and Compliance leadership:
- Oversee the Panel Team’s management of:
- Panel Partners to maintain and hold our partners accountable to our cost, timing and deliverable quality standards for Bids and Execution/Delivery, including onboarding coordination logistics with Legal for MSA creation/procurement.
- Responsibility for Oversight question compliance steps due to client-specific servicing rules
Thought leadership and process improvement:
- Collaboration and creative input to build and streamline operational, internal and external facing panel management infrastructure, processes and relationships, technical enhancements and product features which will improve:
- quality of services offered
- efficiency/accuracy of daily operations and work flow process
- drive consistent client satisfaction rates and increase bandwidth to support higher volumes of deliverables
- Oversee consistent updating of panel data/monitoring of active panelists
- Continually identifying innovative and efficient methods to collect and refresh profile questions data from GLG Council Members
- Identify and implement efficiencies for inviting and recruiting Council Members to survey projects
- Drive the team’s clear understanding of the strongest panel partners for specific regions, industries and business units
- Contribute to new, more efficient and scalable solutions to grow, update and maintain the panel tool, including but not limited to:
- Development and enhancement of the panel tool’s usage
- Integration of other GLG Council Member data and strategic partnership databases
- Responsible for the Panel Team to:
- Provide quick and accurate turnaround on project bids to produce the best possible revenue margins with successful project recruitment
- Maintain healthy survey rate metrics, including invite, completion and failed rates
- Timely field management of competitive bids for panel partners
- Contribute to the team’s effort of driving sample costs down and enact this initiative on a project to project basis
- Collaborate with council management and team leaders to build tools that support accurate and increased feasibility, scoping and recruitment of sample targets, as well as provide input to managers
- Successfully lead the Panel Team to:
- Develop a reputation as a can-do, reliable resource and collaborator with QI Project Managers
- PMs will know the Panel Team can provide cost, field time and feasibility counts in a timely fashion to confirm with clients and win the project
- Uphold and propagate best practices in internal and external panel management, recruitment, and recommending design/screening execution that will support Project Managers identifying and weeding out bad actors during data review
- Take feedback and direction from managers to improve processes and execution
- Build collaborative relationships throughout GLG to strengthen the QI Product’s position.
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a top university
- 7-8+ years of respondent sample and panel management and/or survey operations experience at a reputable market research or panel firm including experience with online survey platforms
- Workflow process, training coordination and documentation experience
- Coordinating/collecting and tracking team volume and performance metrics data
- Invoice/payment coordination
- External vendor relationship and project team management experience
- Invoice/payment coordination skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.