Event Manager – GLG NY Events Team:
GLG’s Events leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Councils – to participate in small group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and other GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of the event product around the different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and feedback over time
- Develop and grow relationship with various internal business units through cross-BU collaboration
- Strategic and logistical management of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Full engagement scoping and development
- Developing Proposal and Client Engagement
- Venue selection and preparation for onsite management (inclusive of itinerary development)
- Logistical management leading up to engagement
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI
- Post event recap including reporting on commercial wins
- Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy
- Facilitation and management of marketing efforts and material, targeting both internal and external audiences, via multiple channels
- Providing strategic direction to marketing event strategy
- Leadership of internal business partners engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with strong emphasis on:
- Setting process standards and showing strong decision making abilities
- Managing speakers and confirmation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners, including research management and sales
- Problem-solving and objection handling
- Work with global stakeholders on executing successful events across EMEA and APAC
- At least Four Years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility preferably within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or company in a related field
- Client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- Event sales or account management experience is a plus
- Healthcare/Life sciences experience is required
- Commercially-driven individual with a high degree of self-motivation
- Event planning experience, including:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- Strong project management skills with a focus on ownership and driving projects forward
- Strong Negotiation skills as well as clearly being able to communicate value proposition of GLG products to internal and external decision makers
- Relationship-building skills with internal stakeholders as well as various types of vendors
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.