GLG holds thousands of meetings around the world every year. These meetings bring insight to the world’s top professionals and exceed customer expectations at all touchpoints – in small groups, virtually and one on one; off-site and in GLG’s headquarters. GLG’s Events team programs these meetings with global thought leaders and top professionals while managing all supporting logistics/production.
Event Specialist Overview
This position will lead the production of multiple meetings focusing user activation across multiple industries including Financial Services & Corporate. They will be tasked with producing different events, sponsorships, and programs to increase user acquisition, user activation, and ultimately conversion. The events will have at their exposure access to the world’s largest network of expertise from which to leverage activation. This position sits within the event production team and will work closely with sales and marketing teams within the business units, as well as assist internal events as necessary.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Understand the importance of client service and being user focused
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking & negotiation guru
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with our sales and marketing teams to execute varying programs and events for activation and conversion as well as support internal events as necessary
- Client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- Experience working on successful marketing events based on user group activation a plus
- Operational management of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability
- Data Management and Analysis; campaign and user patterns and KPIs
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils/Speakers
- Implementing event industry best practices when dealing with vendor and liability management
- Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Partnering with the GLG content and compliance teams
- Facilitation and management of marketing efforts and material, targeting both internal and external audiences, via multiple channels
- Adhering to process standards and showing strong decision making abilities
- Conduct post-event recaps, reviewing invoices and bills, approving payments, and documenting issues and resolutions
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 4+ Years of post-undergraduate experience within a marketing organization
- Understanding of SFDC Campaigns, Marketo (or similar marketing platforms), data integration and conversion tracking management
- Event planning experience, including:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- Successful negotiation skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to follow process and procedure
- Ability to influence decision making with fact based approach to cost and feasibility
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
- Strong copy editing skills are a pre-requisite
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
Ability to be on-site and lift 20lbs as some events need physical set-up
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.