Events Content Manager, Professional Development Team
GLG's Events Content Manager for the Professional Development Team serve as internal thought leaders around GLG’s capabilities in professional skills building, driving innovative content and bespoke event programming for our clients.
You will be the right candidate if you are passionate about professional development (e.g. presentation skills, executive presence, management tactics, personal branding, research and analysis) and will enjoy the challenge of facilitating learning engagements for our clients.
You take responsibility for the work you do and are proactive in seeking opportunities to grow. You care about engaging in meaningful, impactful work and you hold yourself to a higher standard.
You forge meaningful relationships. You are responsive, insightful, and are excited by the mandate to delight your clients. You approach a problem with an open mind and revel in a creative solution.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build relationships with key thought leaders in the Professional Development space to develop cutting edge in-person and virtual event content.
- Spearhead execution of our client engagement plan across client investment strategies and seniorities through programming and curating events, including small roundtables, webinars, and seminars.
- Contribute to the design, development, positioning and marketing of our Professional Development solutions/products.
- Partner with buy-side investment clients on bespoke solutions and contribute to new product innovation to keep pace with changing client needs.
- Work as part of collaborative interoffice teams to deliver results.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience, ideally as an analyst, associate or similar role in Marketing, Research, or Learning & Development, particularly within the finance industry. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients. Successful candidate will be a confident, persuasive, and able communicator comfortable with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
- An orientation toward action and passion for execution. Ability to manage a large number of highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to u201cconnect the dotsu201d between client needs and GLG’s unique value proposition.
- Desire to conduct in-person, email, and telephone outreach to clients and senior industry thought leaders and experts.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.