Events Coordinator, New York
GLG holds thousands of meetings around the world every year. These meetings bring together the world’s top professionals to learn from and to teach each other – in small groups, virtually and in-person, off-site and in GLG’s headquarters. GLG’s Events team programs these compelling convening’s with global thought leaders and top practitioners and manages all surrounding and supporting logistics.
- Build skillsets in multi-tasking, prioritization, communication and fundamental meeting planning and marketing
- Provide general administrative and event support for the event team within GLG for development and marketing efforts including sales events and content driven events as needed
- Provide support to the Financial Service, Corporate Markets, Professional Service Firm, and Life Sciences business units with client-specific engagements including, but not limited to: webinars, panels, 1:1 meetings, and client engagements.
- Assist in marketing event formulation, reconciliation, RSVP tracking, budgeting, financial reconciliation, travel management, and marketing campaign management
- Event marketing assistance as needed, including:
- Facilitation and partnership on marketing campaign construction, execution, and results. Including client segmentation and communication.
- Aid in reporting client, event, and segment specific using SFDC and other data reporting tools
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Operational and logistical support of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of client facing and internal meetings for our sales organizations
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal teams
- Tracking costs, budget entry, and accurate data management with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI
- Facilitation and management of marketing efforts and material, targeting both internal and external audiences, via multiple channels
- Webcast support and coordination
- Support of internal team leaders engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong ability to find opportunities to be proactive
- General administrative support as needed
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Customer service oriented including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction
- One to three years of post-undergraduate experience in positions within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or related company
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word), SFDC and working with data solutions
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to details in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively
- Ability to lift items up to 20 lbs.
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Solutions focused outlook
- Dependable and meets deadlines
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- Listens effectively
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.