GLG’s Events leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Councils – to participate in small group meetings, roundtables, and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and other GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around the different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
We are seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated individual to assist the Events team in coordination of internal/external events. This candidate will be highly organized, efficient, proactive, trustworthy, and resourceful.
This position will provide general event support for multi-client and multi-purpose business events, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Understand the importance of client service and being user-focused
- High level of accuracy and attention to details in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking & negotiation guru
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Support of internal teams engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong ability to find opportunities to be proactive
- Client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction
- Operational and logistical support of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal teams
- Tracking costs, budget entry, and accurate data management with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI
- Facilitation and management of marketing efforts and material, targeting both internal and external audiences, via multiple channels
- General administrative support as needed
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
- Zero to three years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or related company
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Dependable and meets deadlines
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- Listens effectively
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 600,000+ member-experts and 1,600 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.