GLG Institute is a community of accomplished executives who accelerate their success through individual and group conversations customized by GLG Institute. Our members gain valuable experience-based insights from their regular and personalized exchanges with prominent leaders, respected CEOs, and top experts. The Institute is becoming the preferred investment through which executives at the world’s top companies increase their effectiveness as corporate and industry leaders.
The Program Events Manager for the GLG Institute is responsible for planning and executing events covering a range of topics specific to our members (senior executives of leading Fortune 500 companies). This position would be suitable for a marketing-driven professional who will collaborate with sales and relationship management to identify, program, and execute a portfolio of meetings and sponsorships that drive GLG Institute’s growth and client service goals.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage a multi-purpose event portfolio for GLG Institute
- Identify target markets and recruit potential speakers
- Develop marketing campaigns to drive awareness and attendance for GLG Institute’s content-led events
- Collaborate with sales and relationship management teams to execute high-profile events globally (primarily North America and Europe)
- Develop a go-to-market strategy tailored for each event
- Manage event marketing efforts including client segmentation, invitations, and promotional material development
- Conduct ongoing market research to identify potential topics for events
- Project manage and develop events and third party sponsorships from the pre-planning process through to execution
- Execute & deliver reporting on the value of meetings and commercial wins through CRM
- Research and identify Third-party events for sponsorships such as Healthcare/Life Sciences Industry, Investor and Networking, Leadership and HR conferences
An ideal candidate would have most of the following skills:
- Event planning experience, including:
- At least 4 years of experience in event management, event marketing, conference or tradeshow production, public relations, or other a related backgrounds
- Experience researching, understanding markets, and negotiating with third-party events and conferences is preferred
- Marketing and a basic understanding of client segmentation;
- Operational management of content-driven events, including small group meetings, Roundtables, Seminars, Webcasts, Teleconferences and other gatherings
- Ability to maintain as strong attention to detail while multi-tasking and prioritizing activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- Proven ability to thrive in a collaborative, dynamic, rigorous, and fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Proven relationship building and negotiation skills
- Experience with ROI analysis
- Experience working with C-level executives is strongly preferred
- Life Science Industry experience and knowledge of the healthcare market strongly preferred
- Entrepreneur spirit who can initiate projects and implement changes
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.