The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting CEO in a variety of ways, including: time and calendar management, meeting preparation, assistance with special projects and more. A successful candidate is highly-detail oriented, proactive, and able to manage multiple priorities at once. This role requires superb judgment and the ability to work calmly under pressure, while ensuring all responsibilities are successfully met.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Initiate a strategic scheduling process, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling around the strategic priorities of CEO
- Developing a monthly / quarterly / annual scheduling plan
- Coordinating and managing relationships with direct reports so they feel they’re getting sufficient face time while balancing how much attention their strategic priority should receive
- Ensuring the existence of briefing materials for every meeting, with appropriate level of advance delivery
- Attend meetings as appropriate; take notes; coordinate follow-up
- Plan and coordinate travel including briefing books and prep materials
- Manage CEO technology (e.g. personal devices, IT) in partnership with Engineering / Helpdesk
- Prepare and coordinate correspondence such as thank you notes and gifts
- Coordinate social activities / social calendar including events that intersect with business priorities
- Manage philanthropic and civic responsibilities in balance with professional commitments
- Assist with personal issues / initiatives such as a memberships, partnerships, and concierge services as necessary
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years experience supporting C-level or senior executives
- Bachelors degree required
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Must be reliable, consistent and punctual with a high level of professionalism
- Confidential and trustworthy – must use good judgment and discretion as needed
- Proactive, self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills – a do whatever it takes attitude
- Ability to work independently, or as a team member, while maintaining focus and productivity
- Exceptional and diplomatic communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong PowerPoint skills to assist team with presentations
- Ability to handle any responsibility calmly while under pressure
- Flexible schedule - ability to adjust as work load demands
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.