GLG is seeking a Finance Analyst to help sustain and accelerate significant top and bottom-line growth within our business segments. In recent years, our businesses have delivered robust double-digit revenue growth and are well positioned to maintain this growth trajectory going forward.
This individual will partner with the General Managers of the businesses to develop and monitor thoughtful business intelligence, analytical frameworks and ongoing reporting to evaluate business performance and growth acceleration strategies. This individual will be located in our New York office and will report to the Director of Finance.
The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders and requires the candidate to demonstrate leadership, maturity and ability to self-direct. We are seeking a strong self-starter with solid analytical, financial analysis and critical thinking skills, outstanding interpersonal ability, the ability to multitask, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the key metrics, operations and current trends of each distinct business
- Manage mid- and long-range business plans
- Maintain reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, using own judgment and knowledge of historical performance / trends
- Partner with Accounting and global general managers to ensure consistent and accurate revenue reporting and forecasting
- Develop own viewpoint on all analysis created to make clearly supported recommendations regarding expected initiative outcomes
- Assist with the production of periodic reports and the creation of presentations regarding new initiatives and business performance to be viewed by senior management and the Board of Directors
- Create strategic P&L plans / financial models to understand potential performance and assess investments in headcount and other spend
- Serve as a representative for business intelligence efforts
- Manage interactions with several additional functions within the organization including Sales Operations, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team, HR and Accounting
- Perform other ad-hoc analysis and modeling based on evolving business needs
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Work experience, ideally in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role
- Analytic creativity, insight and agility with strong technical skills
- Devotion to accuracy, detail, analytic consistency and data integrity
- Very strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work with a team in pressure situations
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Experience with salesforce.com and business intelligence tools
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.