Head of Business Intelligence
We are looking for a technical and people leader to evolve the way GLG interacts with and draws value from data, reporting, and analytics. This role offers the opportunity to lead a global Business Intelligence team and shape how our company consumes and utilizes data to inform its most important business decisions. You will regularly interact with senior business and functional leaders across a broad range of issues and strategic priorities.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build and lead a team of high performing data and reporting analysts to continuously improve the way GLG uses data to inform its most important business decisions
- Partner with the leadership teams across multiple functions, such as Sales and Research, to use data in pursuit of GLG's most impactful initiatives
- Develop a cohesive, powerful, and actionable long-term Business Intelligence strategy in partnership with our world-class Engineering team
- Ensure the successful rollout of new BI tools
- Present to high level business stakeholders using data that tell cohesive, logical, and action-inducing stories
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years of experience managing global Business Intelligence, Reporting, and/or Analytics teams
- Fluency in modern advanced analytical and visualization tools (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Python, R)
- A consistent drive to find the highest-impact opportunities, based on a passion for data-driven decision-making in combination with a strong business sense
- A strong perspective regarding data architecture, warehousing, and reporting, and the most appropriate infrastructure to use (including trade-offs)
- Presentation skills (i.e., knowing how to tell a story based on slides or a dashboard)
- Excellent customer relationship building skills and an ability to form relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Passionate about scalable and future-proof processes and able to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
- Mentorship skills: this is a very collaborative environment, and you only succeed when your teammates do
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.